Sunday 5th January
Sunday 5th January
Csaba and Ilona Veres – global mission workers in Romania
• Pray for Csaba and Ilona as they serve with the Diakonia (the Hungarian Reformed Church’s social action ministry in Transylvania in northwest Romania).
• Pray for the Dorcas group (women’s fellowship) in Mera which meets on Monday evenings. Pray for clear teaching and fervent prayer and that others would join.
The Christian Church of Sumba, Indonesia
• Give thanks that the church has experienced significant growth in recent decades. Pray for wisdom and guidance for the church leadership, including Rev Alfred Samani (General Chairman), Rev Marlin Lomi (General Secretary) and Rev Charles Detha (Secretary, Dept of Education and Training).
• Pray for the situation in Lebanon where there have been political protests and unrest in recent months. Pray too that other countries in the Middle East, especially Jordan, would remain settled and peaceful.
• JETS - All students are required to do practical ‘field ministry’ in a local church as part of their theological training. Pray that the students would find the practical experience helpful and in turn enable them to be more effective as church leaders.
• Refugees - The winter months are wet, cold and windy. Many refugees face the daily decision of whether to buy heating fuel or food. Pray that the churches will have sufficient resources to meet the needs of refugees in the local community.
Derek and Jane French – global mission workers in Spain Rev Uel Marrs (Secretary, Global Mission), Rev Dario Leal and Rev Robert Bell have been visiting Derek and Jane in Bilbao
• Pray that their visit will have been an encouraging time for all and significant in moving the work forward in Spain..
• Pray for the PCI Youth and Children’s Department as they seek to raise funds for the ‘Crecer Juntos’ project, which will provide good teaching and devotional resources in Spanish.
Chris and Rachel Humphries – global mission workers in Portugal
• Give thanks that a new meeting space has been found for the church and pray that the signing of contracts and fitting out of the new space would take place without delay during the coming weeks.
• Pray for the new members course which will run during the month of February, for people to be encouraged and challenged. It is hoped new members will be received at the beginning of March.
• The Humprhries family are in Ireland for several weeks for medical tests. Pray that these would go smoothly and that they would know God’s hand upon them during the whole process.
Presbyterian Church of East Africa (PCEA) • Pray for wisdom and guidance for the leadership of the PCEA who have three million members, most of whom are in Kenya.
• Pray for the PCEA’s various projects and mission work. Pray too for Rev Elias Agola from PCEA who is studying for a MA in conflict resolution at Queen’s University Belfast as he recommences his studies
Monday 27 th Jan
12 Noon Luncheon Club
Tuesday 28 th Jan
7.00 a.m. Discipleship Group
10.00 a.m. Craic n Coffee
10.30 a.m. Mums & Toddlers
2.00 p.m. Senior Members’ Fellowship Craft with Phyllis McMorran
7.30 p.m. Meeting of Kirk Session
Wednesday 29 th Jan
7.30p.m. Redcar Crafts
7.30 p.m. Discipleship Group (Wray)
7.30 p.m. Discipleship Group (Church)
7.45 p.m. Discipleship Group (Manse)
Thursday 30th Jan
6.45 p.m. Transformers
Friday 31st Jan
6.30 p.m. Boys’ Brigade
Also to note
MUSIC AT McQUISTON
Saturday 1st February at 7.30pm
An evening of Christian Worship songs and Ye Olde Chart toppers from Ian Simons & Band
PRESBYTERIAN CHILDREN’S SOCIETY
Very many thanks to all who gave a donation to this and helped towards the great amount of £500 This was the most given for many years. The Society offered their sincere thanks to everyone at McQuiston for the continued support of their work
BIBLE READING NOTES 2020
Can anyone who has not yet paid for their Bible Reading notes please see Linda Wray as soon as possible regarding payment.
Knock Presbyterian PW Group have extended an invitation to join with them at their meeting on Tuesday 25th February at 7.30pm when the speaker will be Sandra Matthews “Story in Patchwork”. Any ladies interested in going please speak with Angela Shivers as soon as possible
Strandtown Baptist Church are facilitating a “DivorceCare” course starting Thursday 6th February.The course is open to anyone dealing with separation or divorce, If you know of anyone who might be interested leaflets/details are on the vestibule table